20070704

lola

I met her in a club down in old Soho
where you drink champagne
and it tastes just like Coca Cola
c-o-l-a cola.
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said "Lola”
l-o l-a Lola la-la la la Lola.

Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy
but when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola la la la la Lola.
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my Lola la-la la la Lola la-la la la Lola.

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight.
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said: "Dear boy won't you come home with me?"

Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes
Well, I almost fell for my Lola
La-la la la Lola, la-la la la Lola
I'm not the world's most passionate guy
but when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell
for my Lola la-la la la Lola la-la la la Lola.

I pushed her away, I walked to the door
I fell to the floor, I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me.

Well, that's the way that I want it to stay
and I always want it to be that way for my Lola
La la la la Lola.
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola la-la la la Lola.

Well, I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before.
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said: "Dear boy I'm gonna make you a man".

Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am, and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola la-la la la Lola la-la la la Lola.

I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola la-la la la Lola la-la la la Lola.

I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola la-la la la Lola la-la la la Lola
And so is Lola la-la la la Lola la-la la la Lola...


the kinks

 
minima template | © bowman | indormia custom